Tommy Cash is an Estonian rapper who went viral on Youtube and Social Networks in 2016 with his far-from-conventional video Winaloto. The 27-year-old musician stepped in the spotlight through the post-Soviet rap genre, which is a complicated label as it deals with the concept of otherness; plus, it also focuses on street culture and a blue-collar sensitivity among other things.
Apart from his unconventional music and video clips style, Tommy has also created an irreverent clothing line named Kanye East, one that is already supported by Vogue. This new role in the fashion industry through each sweater, shirt, set of pans, etc., conveys what Vogue magazine describes as “Slavic spoofs on American pop-culture obsessions”.
Going back to his music and video clips, all of them makes the audience wonder in each sequence up until the end. The combination of a tribute or salute to his favorite filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky-as in Winalote-, the guttural voice featuring Marilyn Manson and perhaps some of the Nirvana jam in his video Surf makes his audience either adore him and elevate him on a genius scale or feel disgusted for his upfront and unnecessary display of crude sex innuendos. In other words, either you love him or feel disgusted by him.
Upcoming Engagements and Concerts for Tommy Cash this year
Tommy Cash has had a busy schedule this year as he is performing in several countries around the world; to continue that agenda the months to come are also heavy charged with many more concerts around the globe.
1. The nearest one to come will be on Nos Primavera Sound Festival on June 6th in Porto, Portugal. This international festival hosts artists of such as standing as Interpol, J Balvin, Solange, Rosalía, Nina Kraviz and more.
2. In addition, on June 26, Tommy will be performing in the Aerodrome Festival in the Sky showing a set of unprecedented dance creations and his songs from the album Euroz Dollaz Yeniz from 2014 and his next to a dozen famous singles released since then.
3. On July 19th, the artist will have another concert on the Electric Castle Festival in Rumania. This annual festival combines music, technology, and alternative arts. As for music genres on the many shows, there is a colorful diversity, from rock, indie, hip hop, and reggae.
4. The very next month in July Tommy would be performing in Dour Festival 2019 in Belgium, where many artists come together to entertain thousands of fans of all Europe. In this festival, artists and bands as Cypress Hill, and Vince Staples. This is a five-day festival, with over 200 artists and performance across several genres.
5. On May 5th and September 15th, Tommy Cash will attend an exhibition in Kumu Art Museum in Tallinn, Estonia, along with the American Fashion designer Rick Owens. There, videos such as Pussy Money Weed and also some new works will be publicly available for the audience to see and comment. In addition, in September fourth, Tommy Cash will also perform in the Outlook Festival on September 4th this year.